University of Oklahoma College of Law, 2014
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Philosophy
Oklahoma State University, 2011
Daniel J. Thompson
Dan is an Oklahoma City native with longstanding Oklahoma roots. In 2011 he graduated from Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Philosophy and served as a summer clerk for The Honorable Dana Kuehn the same year. In 2014 he received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. Dan comes from a family of doctors and nurses and knew he wanted to defend healthcare providers while in law school. He has successfully defended physicians, paramedics, and hospitals in jury trials. He also has experience litigating cases involving personal injury, building and construction, premises liability, and products liability.
Dan is licensed to practice in all Oklahoma state courts and the United States District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Oklahoma. He is a barrister in the Luther Bohanon Inn of Court. He also serves as a board member on the Young Lawyers Division of the Oklahoma County Bar Association and is an active member of Oklahoma Association of Defense Counsel. He currently lives in Oklahoma City with his wife Rachel and their daughter Grace.
Dan frequently prepares and delivers presentations to doctors and nurses at local hospitals.
- Knee surgery case in which Plaintiff alleged a Doctor and Surgery Center were responsible for her fall from an operating table during surgery. The jury returned a unanimous verdict in favor of the surgeon and the surgery center.
- Thompson obtains defense verdict in medical negligence case where plaintiff alleged her father suffered skin tears following a radiology examination.
- Plaintiff alleged hospital paramedics were negligent after their dispatch radio was turned below an audible level resulting in a delay of arrival to the scene of a minor’s major arterial bleed. The jury returned a verdict in favor of the hospital.
- Jury returned a verdict in favor of a gastroenterologist Thompson represented. Plaintiff alleged the Doctor was negligent in treating Plaintiff’s Crohn’s disease.
- Plaintiff alleged multiple hospitals and physicians were negligent in managing Plaintiff’s heart failure and respiratory distress resulting in pressure ulcers. After eight days of trial and direct and cross examination by Thompson, the jury rendered a defense verdict.
- Thompson obtains a defense verdict in a case where Plaintiff alleged multiple treating physicians and hospitals were negligent in failing to properly diagnose and treat her daughter’s respiratory distress. After eight days of trial in the alleged wrongful death action, the jury returned a verdict in favor of all defendants.